Yoga improves health and flexibility and harmonizes your body, mind and spirit. It is one of the oldest holistic health systems from India.
A regular yoga practice
• supports flexibility, strengthens muscles and improves posture
• helps to stretch and align muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints
• adjusts the energy flow, unveils and releases blocks and tensions
• with deep, conscious breathing, activates the metabolism and increases the function of the inner organs
Yoga helps to gain new physical, mental and emotional strength. The goal is a healthy body, a relaxed, balanced and peaceful mind. Unifying your body, mind and spirit, it allows you to achieve a sense of wholeness, peace and self realization.
1. CONSCIOUS BREATHING (PRANAYAMA) activates the chakras and releases stress. Trough the breath we reconnect with our core and arrive in the here and now
2. CONSCIOUS EXERCISE (ASANAS) increases flexibility of muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments, activates the metabolism, strengthens the inner organs and increases the flexibility of the spine
3. CONSCIOUS RELAXATION (SAVASANA) helps to deeply regenerate body and mind. We feel less exhausted and sleep more deply
4. MEDITATION AND INNER BALANCE is the key to mental peace.
Through concentration on the core of our being and by letting go of our thoughts we attain inner peace
5. CONSCIOUS DIET is fresh and natural, and it promotes health. It contains food which benefits and nourishes body and mind and which has the least negative impact on the environment and other beings
The style is Hatha Yoga with focus on the chakras and energy flow. While doing posture and breathing exercises during class, we are aware of our chakras (energy centers). The different chakras influence our emotional and mental state. Mostly the chakras are closed due to a stressful everyday life. The consequences are blocks and tensions. By opening the chakras, the energy can flow again and the following characteristics unfold naturally: love, sincerity, equilibrium, courage, perseverance, and self-awareness.
A class consists of 3 components:
A yoga class is between 60 – 90 minutes. Meditative holding of the asanas with concentration within and conscious breathing is a fixed part of the class.
There is stretching and exercises which open and activate the chakras. As a result, physical and mental tensions are released, and strength and flexibility are improved. Pranayama recharges the energy level. In the following relaxation, body and mind can deeply let go.
People of any age or any fitness level can practice yoga. The beauty of yoga is that it is highly flexible, so you can modify yoga techniques to meet your needs.
The Yoga group showed „essentially higher results in life happiness and lower results in excitability, aggressiveness, emotionality and somatic discomforts” plus „significant distinctions in dealing with stress and moods“. Scientific Research on Yoga, Lifeforce 2002, Universität Würzburg